Well, it has definitely been a long while (I know I started with that same line, in the last few postings!)
What's new -
I managed to NOT add to my list of domain names, I still managed to buy a lot of things (gadgets and stuff) online.
I managed to leave the island quite a few times in the last year, (this is somewhat of a miracle people, even some of my wider acquaintances did not believe I was out of the island!). Nearly everyone remembers the fact that it was a 3 year stretch where I did not leave at all. What can I say, I LOVE Langkawi.
Where did I go, UMRAH (a wonderful experience that is to be repeated) with my Mom, Dad, Bro, Sis, Cousin Bro and Cousin Sis. Kuala Lumpur (a few times for both work and fun). Penang (a few times, mostly for fun). Perlis and Alor Setar (definitely for fun). I am trying to use my passport more than once this time around, so hopefully I can plan a trip out of Malaysia soon.
Let's visit my last posting...EVERYTHING'S THE SAME! with a slight change on the last point...
- I still subscribe to the motto, 'you only live once, so eat what you can until you can't'.
- I am a faithful follower of the crowd funding site - kickstarter
- I still shop a lot on ebay and amazon.
- I love my 'i' devices (iPhones 4 & 5, iPod Nano 6th & 7th, MBP Retina, Mac Mini, iPad)
- I take a lot of food and location shots (normally of the sky and sea).
- I listen to a wide variety of musical genres with few exceptions.
- I read a lot.
- I work a lot and at odd hours.
- I have been known to eat at odd hours as well (see no. 1 above).
- I have a number of social networking sites.
- I have an abnormally large number of domain names and still counting...
I have now decided to delve into the world of ... it went blank on me ;P
Basically, I am trying out the Raspberry Pi and Arduino, probably will try the BeagleBone as well...but that is really pushing it. Will regal you with what I do and attempt to do in my next post (when that will be, I have no earthly idea).
Check out the following:
By the way, the Pebble Watch 2.0 - Steel, is a steal! I LOVE IT.
Til the next time ... whenever that may be.
A post during this time would not be complete without a thought or doa given to the passengers and crew of MH370 and to their families and friends anxiously awaiting any bit of news.
However, it would be remiss of me to not also say something about the general public and certain people;
- who feel that everyone should be given any and all information, whether it is true or not, the moment it is seen, heard or found
- who feel that they should know everything at the same time or even before the families involved
- who strive to be the first to report anything, true or not
Honestly, there is freedom of speech, and there is freedom of speech. Common sense and basic human decency should also be factored in.
If you were in any way involved, would you want to find out via a Facebook post (and yes, I know this did happen) or would you want to find out from a real live person? If you were involved, would you want to read or hear about any number of things, supposedly clues or wreckage or oil slicks, well before it can be verified by any relevant authorities?
But that's me. I could be wrong. I would like to keep hoping for their safe return until all hope is lost, maybe even not then, without having to read or hear any number of conspiracy theories. I would like verified evidence of anything without external parties butting in with what I should feel or do or demand. At the end of the day, this is about me, my family and probably close friends.
I applaud all relevant parties directly involved in the search and wish for the best, In Sya Allah.
Post a Comment